Governor team responsibilities
Full Governor Board (Click here for full Terms of Reference)
- Provides a central point to scrutinise and approve all of the work and decisions made at each individual committee.
- Provides a forum for all Governors to receive and understand communications/ new initiatives that impact on the school across the board.
Resources Committee (Click here for full Terms of Reference)
- To ensure good financial health of the school.
- To ensure school achieves excellent value for money in bought in services.
- Ensure profitably and accountability of the finance function.
- To provide support and scrutiny of school building and assets to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- To ensure maintenance and preventative measures are applied to effectively manage premises expenditure.
- To provide support and scrutiny to ensure Health and Safety processes and policies are kept up to date and adhered to.
- To ensure support and scrutiny is provided to ensure appropriate security and safeguarding measures are continually applied.
Personnel Committee (sits within the Resources Committee)
- To provide support and challenge the Head in the structure, management and core of all school staff.
- To set Head Teacher objectives and hold regular reviews.
- To provide support to the Head in the area of new staff recruitment.
- Provide pastoral support with Head as appropriate.
- To ensure Governors are aware of their duties and responsibilities.
Achievement Committee (Click here for full Terms of Reference)
- To provide support, challenge and scrutiny of documents and evidence relating to the learning. achievement and progress of children.
- To ensure all data relating to the progress of children is robust and used to inform future actions, parents, SEF and SDP.
- To ensure the schools delivers a broad and balanced curriculum
- To provide support, challenge and structure of documents and evidence relating to the quality of teaching and the professional development of teachers.
- To ensure that all data relating to the quality of teaching is robust and used to inform SEF (School Evaluation Form) and SDP (School Development Plan).
- To ensure processes used to assess the quality of teaching are fair, transparent, developmental and robust.
- Ensure resources allocated to professional development are equitably distributed and linked to primary areas as seen in the SEF (School Evaluation Form) and SDP (School Development Plan).
- To provide support, challenge and scrutiny of the content and validity of SEF and SDP.
- To evaluate the impact of the SDP and ensure clear evidence is seen of school improvement.
- To ensure the School Leadership Team and Governors are fully prepared for Ofsted and SIAMS inspections.
- To provide support, guidance and challenge to the Head in the growth and development of the school.
- To assist in improving the profile and connectivity of the school to the local business community and the community in general.
- To assist in supporting the schools marketing, PR and communication plan to reach all stakeholders.
Foundation Committee (click here for full Terms of Reference)